This is my Dad and my brother Jesse is standing on the four-wheeler on top of a mountain trying to get cell phone service.
Kent wanted to go hunting again Tuesday and talked me into going with him. I thought I would be real bored, but it actually was really fun tracking elk. We hiked 8 miles that day and I enjoyed hiking, being in the outdoors and looking for things. We saw lots of elk, deer, moose and bear tracks. We thought we were behind a bear with fresh bear droppings and the tracks being so fresh. Kent heard rustling in the bushes and said, "lets keep moving up the trail". And I asked him why and he didn't want to tell me. He was worried he'd freak me out thinking we were so close to a bear. In a way it would have been cool to see a bear but only at a distance that I was safe. I did figure it out and I was surprised I didn't freak out all that much since Kent had his gun. Thank you to his mom for coming to our house at 5:30a.m. in the morning to watch our kids for the day. I really appreciate it. The kids had a great time with grandma.
Kent fixed ramen noodles for lunch.
Wow! You went hunting! I'm impressed! =)
ReplyDeleteI am impressed too! Travis is always trying to tell me how fun it is. I just don't believe him. Maybe I should try it some time. He would be thrilled!
ReplyDeleteLook at you!! You and Sarah Palin huh...? Just kidding. I'm glad you had fun. I would have just died if I knew I was close to a bear. He would be able to smell the fear and I would be in big touble.
ReplyDelete