Monday, February 9, 2009

This Is Personal Beware

I usually do not express my emotions or feelings on this blog for I feel it to be too risky in some ways, or too personal in others. I am not sure what to do, but out of desperation I am pleaing for help. I thought if someone reads my blog they might know of something, or atleast can point me in the right direction to find answers.

Most people don't know, but I have been sick for almost a month and a half now. It started out as a bacterial infection( Which I had 2 different antibiotics for that one), Strep Throat (2 antibiotics for that one, because the first one did not work). Pneumonia( 1 antibiotic for that one). Yeast infection, because of all the antibiotics( antibiotic for that one). Today I learned the antibiotics for the pneumonia did not work and can I say another antibiotic was added. ( It is given out like candy. LOL I am J/K. And then they added a inhaler on top of that. They think it might be more of a underlining problem, but no answers only guesses. Out of desperation I am willing to try more holistic medicine(even though it costs a grundle) I don't know if this is smart by posting about it, but I am looking for help for I need my life back.:) The reasons I keep getting infection after infection is because my immune system is surpressed by the medicine I take for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have gone off some of my RA meds for a few weeks, but in doing so I take the chance of my arthritis coming back full force.

My worst symptom is EXTREME FATIGUE( when I get up I want to run back to bed), I also a little gurrgling or wheezing in lungs, shortness of breath, back and chest pain, fever, and I am having touble sleeping( oh they added a sleeping pill on top of that too. )

I am sorry if this sounds depressing, that is not my intention. I just want to be better and get my life back so I can take care of my family again. If you have any advice please share. Please! The Dr. is setting up a echocardiogram and if this round of antibiotics does not work a CAT scan. She never mentioned a Pulmonary Specialist. I wonder if that is the next step I should take. I am even so desperate that I might try and go some place warm(Arizona, San Diego). :) It kinda feels like flashbacks of trying to figure out what I had when I was diagnosed with RA.

Who knows this round of antibiotics might work.( I pray and hope so). I am not asking for help around my house. My wonderful husband has been great in helping me. Even on his birthday he took care of me. So I am good in that area. I am just asking for inspiration, knowledge, thoughts, advice, or anything.

Thank You,

Em & Em

8 comments:

  1. I love your background! You have a wonderful talent! I am sorry to hear about all the sicknesses that you are going through, not fun. I am glad that you have a wonderful husband that is willing to take care of you and your family. What a blessing. You are a strong person and I know that you will get through this. I am sorry I don't have any advice or inspiration. Just know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Emily! I hadn't seen you around but didn't realize you were THAT sick! No fun! Have you tried the foot zoning thing? I also have an aunt that is very holistic and tries to get to the root of problems. She is a little expensive but if she can help... Let me know if you want her number!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I am so sorry to here that you have been so sick! I do not know much about holistic medicine. I wish that I had some advice for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comments for they have brought me much strength and courage to keep going on. It brings tears to my eyes every time I read your comments. It makes me realize that I am cared for and that my prayers are being listened to. I guess after being sick for so long, you start to break down. Hopefully, we have figured something out. The echocardiologist said, I have fluid around my lungs. I am just waiting... to hear what the next step will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you have been so sick! That's terrible and I hope (like everyone else) that you can get to the bottom of this! Do they know what the fluid around the lungs is from? What can they do to get rid of it? I pray that you will find some answers!! We are thinking of you! Get well soon,
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily:
    I don't know if this will help, but I will list some of what my friends father taught me and he gave me a list.

    Rosemary: fights bacteria, stimulates circulation

    Parsley: Helps with fluid problems (retention) as well as bladder, kidney, and lung function

    Garlic: Stimulates the immune system, and helps with healing

    curry: anti-inflammatory against arthritis

    Oregano: Great anti-oxidant

    Cayenne: Good for the circulatory system

    Lemon Balm: Sleeping aid

    I hope this may aid you. I know how health problems can get you down. Take care.

    Love Rich and Cherlyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, I'm not very good at reading blogs regularly so I'm obviously not seeing this soon enough. I don't have much advice to help you find a cure, but I will pray for you! You are such a sweet person and I wish the best for you and your family. Please take care! Never hesitate to call me if you need something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill. I know you're not looking for help, but please let me take the kids. Emma loves playing here with Megan and Cage has always loved Eathan. You do have a great husband and you are such a strong beautiful mother. You'll pull through this trial. Please call me if you need anything or even if you don't. Thinking of you, Robin

    ReplyDelete