Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Darndest Things My Kids Say Sometimes


  • I was combing through Emma's hair and she said, "Owe your combing through the snore' ls in my hair". instead of snarles.
  • This morning Kent was cooking crepes and Emma was whining, "I want patty cakes. Those are not patty cakes". (Pancakes)
  • One day we went to the store and Emma said, "Mom we need to take the cutaway, pass way". I said, "What"? and she said, "you know like this, putting her hands out diagonally to show me". It took me a minute to figure it out, Oh you want to take a shortcut and she said, "Yes mom that is what I said".
  • We went to lunch with my family and my brother asked Karlie if she wanted to go ice skating and she said, "Sure only if I have the proper training of course"!

    And the last I saved for the PG-13 readers. This one might be too much for you all, but me and Kent just crack up over this one.
  • Ethan is in first grade and he has to write sentences everyday. This is what he came with all on his own.
  • I have two balls and they are blue.


He was talking about his two blue Bakagon ball toys. Kent read it to me and we both just started laughing. Ethan was said, "what, what did I say". We said, "oh that was just so creative Ethan". Kent and I argued a minute of whether he should erase the sentence. Kent wanted to keep it and didn't want to make him erase the sentence, for sometimes it takes him a while to come up with a sentence. I was just hesitant of what his teacher might think. It was sent to school. Who knows what his teacher thought of it. hahaha Thinking back, oh we are horrible sometimes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure the teacher didn't think anything of it. I'm sure she hears about "balls" all the time from first graders.
    I heard y'all have been having cold weather still (according to my parents it has snowed lots at their house lately). Spring has finally come here to Geneva and I'm loving it. We are going to Holland to see all the flowers this weekend for Easter. I'll post the pics and you can enjoy spring vicariously. I hope it gets to Utah soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hilarious about the blue balls! I'm sure the teacher thought it was funny, too. Cute kids!!!
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great one! I would have laughed too and just sent in on in to school.

    ReplyDelete