Thursday, July 24, 2008

St. Anthony's

The Ice Cave



In this Ice cave you step down just beyond the opening and there is sheets of ice. It is amazing the temperature change outside of the cave was so hot and inside the cave was like winter. The rock formations all around was made of lava rock. Thank goodness for our flash lights it was pitch black. I would be scared out of my bejeezers if it weren't for everybody around me. There was one point in the cave you had to get on your belly to crawl through to the other side. I have never been in a cave before this one and it was quite the experience and adventure not knowing where you are going and relying on our friend's telling us it circled around to the beginning again.








This picture is inside the cave looking back.





While the parents took turns playing on the dunes, the kids were entertained catching polywogs and insisted on bringing them home.





Emma's polywog.



Emma and her friend Elyssa.



Ethan sand surfing behind the four-wheeler.



Everyone talked me into riding the dune buggy. I would have to say I feel much safer in the dune buggy than the four-wheeler on the huge dunes. I wish I took pictures of these dunes, but they are the biggest ones I have ever seen. I had to just bite the bullet and go for it. A complete adrenaline rush thats for sure.



I was so proud of Karlie to ride in the dune buggy, because every time she rides with me she says "mom your going to fast. Mom I want to ride with Daddy". My answer, "Is your Dad rides ten times faster than I do". And then she changes her mind. These dunes were actually too big to have the kids ride with us, but I let her ride in the dune buggy which is a lot safer. In the dune buggy she said she screamed, but liked it a lot. Probably because I was not the one driving. She probably didn't dare say much not knowing the driver very well.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! How fun! I want to go next time. I love vacations.

    ReplyDelete